This dietitian recommends rotisserie chicken to just about every client.
Rotisserie chicken is a protein in a pinch! Avoid the skin, and you’ve got lean meat that’s ready-to-eat. By letting the creative juices flow, you can fashion it into many different dishes. For example, Skinny buffalo chicken dip for couch tailgating, home-made chicken noodle soup when the fall chill sets in, or a chicken salad for lunch meal are all delicious recipes. I love recommending this comfort food to my clients.
20 Uses for Rotisserie Chicken:
- Chicken Salad with plain Greek yogurt, light mayo, Dijon mustard, and diced vegetables.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip served with carrots, celery, sliced bell pepper, and whole wheat crackers.
- Chicken Quesadillas with reduced fat cheese and whole-grain tortillas.
- Crock-pot Chicken Noodle Soup.
- White bean and Chicken Chili served with diced avocado.
- Shredded Chicken and Vegetable Omelet.
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry served with vegetables and brown rice.
- Chicken Mediterranean Bowls served with quinoa, hummus, feta cheese, and vegetables.
- Chicken Fall Harvest Salad with spring mix, roasted vegetables, and chopped pecans.
- Burrito in a Bowl. Romaine lettuce, corn, black beans, avocado, reduced-fat cheese, and salsa.
- Stuffed Spaghetti Squash with chicken, spinach, mozzarella, and light alfredo sauce.
- Barbecue Chicken Tacos.
- Pita Pocket Stuff with shredded chicken, vegetables, and tzatziki sauce.
- Chicken and Vegetable Casserole.
- Chicken, Mozzarella, and Pesto Panini Sliders.
- Rotisserie Chicken Multi-Grain Nachos.
- Southwestern Chicken-Stuffed Peppers.
- Barbecue Chicken-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes.
- Broccoli, Chicken, and Whole-Grain Macaroni & Cheese Combo.
- Skinny Chicken Enchiladas with low-fat cream cheese, green chilis, and diced tomatoes.
In conclusion, Rotisserie chicken will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days. Is it almost time to pitch it and you haven’t finished your bird? No worries. Shred your leftovers and put them in a zip-top freezer bag. You can store them in the freezer for up to 4 months!